Scout Update

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Much Loved Henry

I am pleased to introduce you to Henry. Henry, this is everyone.
Henry was a Christmas pressie from Pennie Darling to me one year and a very young Scout promptly took him for her own. She slept with him for years and every night I had to kiss both her and him goodnight.

One night, Scout woke up from a bad dream. I went in to comfort her and explained that the bad dream was because Henry wasn't doing his job properly. He was supposed to grab her good dreams and save them until the next night. Once she was asleep, he was supposed to give them back to her so that she never had bad dreams. She thought about that, decided it was plausible and gave Henry a good talking too. She hardly ever had bad dreams for as long as she slept with Henry tucked up under her chin.

One night, HRH had him tucked up under the covers when I came in to kiss her goodnight. I kissed her goodnight, but no Henry. Finally she poked a bit of him out from under the covers and I kissed him goodnight too. Then Scout dissolved in to gales of laughter and triumphantly pulled Henry all the way out from under the covers.

I'd kissed him on the bottom!!! Ewwwwwww!!!

She told Henry he was naughty to trick me, but with all that laughter, I had to question her sincerity. Needless to say, from then on, I had to see Henry completely before he got any more goodnight kisses. But she tried to trick me again for months afterwards and thought it was the funniest thing ever.

1 Comments:

  • Aaawwww I love this story, I'm so glad Henry lives happily in your home, we have a Henry here but he lives on a seat with a lot of other bears and isn't nearly as well loved... I think I will have to give him up for adoption, to a Grandchild maybe, so he can find true love! cheers from Pennie Darling

    By Blogger Pennie , at 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home